Thursday, May 29, 2008

Acknowledged Asexual Aiken to Be a Dad?


File this under things you probably never wanted to know about Clay Aiken.
According to TMZ.com, the "American Idol" alum artificially impregnated record producer Jaymes Foster, and she's due in August. Foster, 50, is Aiken's close friend -- she produced several of his albums and hosts him at her home when he visits Los Angeles.
ABCNEWS.com's calls and e-mails to Aiken's reps were not immediately returned.
This would be the first child for Aiken, 29. If he indeed opted for artificial insemination over the old fashioned way of getting a gal pregnant, it wouldn't be a surprise. In an interview with New York Magazine earlier this year, Aiken said he had no interest in the opposite sex, or in any sex at all.
"I have got too much on my plate," Aiken told the magazine, regarding his lack of a relationship. "I'd rather focus on one thing and do that when I can devote time to it, and right now, I just don't have any desire."
Asked whether he ever has sexual "urges" or "needs," Aiken responded, "I mean, not really. I've just kind of shut it off, maybe. Is that bad?"
Apparently not -- especially if he can turn "it" back on for a friend in need.
Sheila Marikar

No comments: